When it comes to newspaper endorsements The New York Times is a big one and on Saturday they endorsed Ohio Gov. John Kasich for the Republican nomination and Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination.
I DON’T CARE WHO PAPERS SUPPORT: Take a look at who celebrities like Hulk Hogan and 50 Cent are supporting
About Kasich, the Times’ said:
Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, though a distinct underdog, is the only plausible choice for Republicans tired of the extremism and inexperience on display in this race. And Mr. Kasich is no moderate. As governor, he’s gone after public-sector unions, fought to limit abortion rights and opposed same-sex marriage.
About Clinton, the Times said :
Hillary Clinton is the right choice for the Democrats to present a vision for America that is radically different from the one that leading Republican candidates offer
The Times said this about Clinton’s main opponent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders:
Senator Bernie Sanders, a self-described Democratic Socialist, has proved to be more formidable than most people, including Mrs. Clinton, anticipated. He has brought income inequality and the lingering pain of the middle class to center stage and pushed Mrs. Clinton a bit more to the left than she might have gone on economic issues. Mr. Sanders has also surfaced important foreign policy questions, including the need for greater restraint in the use of military force.
A ton of newspaper editorial boards from New Hampshire to Iowa have already made endorsements in this year’s race.
The Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and The Journal-News do not endorse candidates.
Here’s a look at who other newspapers around the country are supporting:
- Clinton won endorsements from the Boston Globe, Concord Monitor, Des Moines Register, Portsmouth Herald, Sioux City Journal
- Bernie Sanders has support from The Nation magazine.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie won the support of the Boston Herald and the New Hampshire Union-Leader
- Kasich has support from the Boston Globe, Concord Monitor, Nashua Telegraph and Portsmouth Herald
- Marco Rubio won the endorsement from the Des Moines Register and Sioux City Journal